Sunday, April 01, 2007

Stretching out.


I've been as square and plumb in the last few weeks as I have been in many, many, many years. Its been nice to get a break from the need for constant bodywork, stretching, foam rollering,thumping and rifga stretching that I had to do for so long just to have a chance at being 'unwound'and be able to train.

But as I like to say the only thing harder than figuring out what to do to get yourself out of pain or advance your training is REMEMBERING to keep doing it!At least still it stops working. So into the gym I went this midday to stretch out and do my stick presses and squat rack stretches.I used to 'stretch out' regularly as a gymnast and now I remember how good it feels to be 'loose' and ready to move.I'm sure it still looks like I creep around like an old man but it feels better,lol.

Stick presses
Squat rack position stretches
Press behind neck stretches with stick
Rifga on floor
Foam roller

twenty minutes.

4 comments:

Royce said...

Rif wanna hear something cool. I can touch my sternum with the bar in the floor press if I'm arched and use a wide grip. That's one nice thing about being short and stocky. LOL
I just tried a few minutes ago.

Royce said...

Maybe with pratcice one day my bench won't totally suck. :-)

Mark Reifkind said...

dude, cut the crap you are built to bench. work the SHIT out of your triceps and lats and pecs and with that short stroke. when my tris are on the floor in the floor press the bar is 5 inches off may chest!
Muscle makes the groove.

your bench will progress as much or as little relative to the attention you give to "figuring out" how to make it work. Having a bit of OCD really seems to help,:))

Royce said...

OK man I hear you. No negative bullcrap.
Focus on the goal! No BS.

What do you think of Ironminds 5 start flat bench. I've got a crappy over-padded, over priced combo bench. Waste of money.

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...