Friday, April 13, 2007

Hyper irradiation

Man, do I feel my upper body as well as my legs, from Wednesdays power swings.Swinging the bells that extra 2 plus feet and having to stabilize and control them really brings some muscle into play. One thing I've realized since I've stopped doing repetition snatches is that you really dont have to pull the bell that high to snatch it overhead, and a lot of the motion from mid ribs to overhead is following the bell.

Not so with swings, lol. And the short sets really made a difference in the power output and that made a difference in the muscle involvement. Can also feel the difference between just pure hinging and letting my knees bend more and getting more leg as well as hip into it.
Like Randy Hauer said: A flat footed vertical jump. Compress the ground;Push the earth away.So glad my back seems to be able to take it now.

15-20 second sets, its my bag, baby.lol.

Maintaining the link to the bell as it goes head height or higher is getting interesting too. A muscular tether to the bell,like a gymnast swinging around a high bar. No slack, no dead spots in the arc; just pure swing.

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...