Monday, April 09, 2007

100 rep DARCs

Starting not to hate this day so much, lol.Learning to relax on these high rep sets and ' climb the hill". Watched the Tour of Flanders one day bicycle classic yesterday and that was my mental image as I paced myself through the sets.

Since I did one 100 rep set last week I decided to set a goal of trying to catch up to my wifes light swing day and work up to 5 100 rep sets. It might be in another lifetime but you gotta shoot for the stars no?

DARCs
16 kg x30
x50
x100 ( not too bad actually)
x100 ( this stung a little but still not terrible)
x30
x40
x55

405 reps( had to beat last times pr)
14,580 lbs.

Such a contrast from Saturdays monster weight. I think that's the idea, :))

Rack walk with 20 kg
200 feet per arm,400 feet per lap
4 laps, 1600 total feet.

this was tough and I broke my rule about only using the 3 weights( 16,24 and 32 kg) for my work. After yesterdays long walk( for me) I didnt want the workout to be too endurance centered. 16 is actually too light for shorter walks( about time!) and the 24 too heavy , on my knee,not my legs. SO the 20kg is was. It was tough!

Face pulls/stick press

3x15/3x5


Trained with Joe again today who is really getting his DL form down. He pulled 438 for six strong singles and when he masters his dl form watch out! Great to have someone push me too and keep me from cheating on my reps( actually, just a pure, innocent inability to count straight).

BW 163.2
BF 8.7%
Water 60.9%


back in the nines, finally. Back to the stir fry first!

datsit gotta stretch.

4 comments:

Tommy Shook said...

Rif,

I competed in the amateur version of the Ronde Van Vlaanderen (Tour of Flanders) two times. In fact, I lived in Belgium so long that I speak Flemish with a distinct accent..LOL. Only one word describes it..PAIN!

Nice Darc sets.

Mark Reifkind said...

yeah baby!thanks man, I love the one day classics even more than the tour sometimes.brutal.
hi rep bell sets just remind me of climbing hills,everytime.
And I was NOT a good climber,lol.

Tommy Shook said...

LOL! Well, there are different types of climbs, aren't there. The one day classics take a much different type of rider than the tours. The short, steep cobbled climbs of Flanders and the long winding ascents of the Alps or Pyrenees are two different things entirely. High reps sets of KB's do have a similar vein to the repeated short steep ball busting climbs of the Flemish countryside...

Mark Reifkind said...

yeah, I could never climb at all in the saddle and had to stand almost all the time to have any power.
you've had a very interesting career tom.

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...