Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I was there

at this meet, watching from the sides as Coan killed this 959 on his second attempt.I was handling superheavyweight Jeff Stanley who, in his very first Nationals squatted a very respectable 863. Jeff and Coan shared the backstage warmup platform and I got to watch Ed go though his every ritual as he warmed up and then posted the greatest powerlifting total in history: 2401 at 220 lbs.

Ed missed his third attempt squat of 986 at the very top when he lost his balance and took a step forward.He pulled 903 on his second so fast I SWEAR it looked like 135.He barely missed 925 on his third AT THE KNEE.
What a privilege to watch Ed work at that historic moment and what a object lesson for me in classic powerlifting at its best.

2 comments:

Royce said...

insane weight. he makes it look so easy.

Christine said...

WOW.

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...