Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I was there

at this meet, watching from the sides as Coan killed this 959 on his second attempt.I was handling superheavyweight Jeff Stanley who, in his very first Nationals squatted a very respectable 863. Jeff and Coan shared the backstage warmup platform and I got to watch Ed go though his every ritual as he warmed up and then posted the greatest powerlifting total in history: 2401 at 220 lbs.

Ed missed his third attempt squat of 986 at the very top when he lost his balance and took a step forward.He pulled 903 on his second so fast I SWEAR it looked like 135.He barely missed 925 on his third AT THE KNEE.
What a privilege to watch Ed work at that historic moment and what a object lesson for me in classic powerlifting at its best.

2 comments:

Royce said...

insane weight. he makes it look so easy.

Christine said...

WOW.

Press off Chest ( first since Jan) 155 x 1 x 5 135 x 1 x 3, band ext 3 x 10 St band rear delts 4 x 15

Been a minute. wont know how back tolerates this til tomorrow but so far so good. Tried not to overanalyze it just went by feel Lord knows I...