Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Quick and Dirty

I hate 'short and sweet'. I was going to take today totally off but the OCD gods determined it was not in my best interest so just had the main course, no dessert.


One Arm Swings

16 kgx5/5/5/5x2

24kg x5/5/5/5 x 10 sets
200 reps
10,600 pounds
16 minutes.

Since I was not doing much volume I tried to speed it up a bit.Really hit each rep hard as I only had to do 5 an arm. Quick and Dirty, Baby; lots of power per square inch of rep :))

The 24 is starting to feel like it should, light.

BW 163( thats better)
BF 8.6% ( can certainly live with that
Water 61.0%

Leave for the cert tomorrow at lunch and have to work in the AM so there is much to do tonight. This is going to be fun! Can't wait to go.These will become what my powerlifting competition weekends used to be. A high energy, jam packed weekend with hard training, hardcore people who are or will become friends, a sustained,focused intense energy and the feel of a serious strength and conditoning think tank for physical culture. Excellent.

datsit,gotta pack.

PS I will be bringing my laptop and will post something each day about the goings on. Will take some pics when I can too.

9 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Rif,

do the one arm swings ever jack up your forearms? Elbows! I feel better with one arm snatches than with one arm swings.

Franz Snideman said...

I hope you and Tracy have a great cert!

Best!

Royce said...

Right on man, you sound JAZZED. You and Tracy have a great weekend.

Christine said...

Have fun at the cert! Can't wait to hear about the torture--err... training. :)

Mark Reifkind said...

franz, no they dont but I do tons of forearm flexor stretching daily and the new thumper I use,the G5's vibrations are so fast,and I use it so much it really releases the muscle as well. thing melts muscle spasm!
and thanks man, we will!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks royce and christine! I will try to post something each night.

Brett Jones said...

Put a hurt on 'em Rif!
You and Tracy have fun!

Pete said...

Have a great time, Rif. I sure wish I was going. Academy graduation tonight, though, so it's all good.

Mark Reifkind said...

hey pete,good to hear from you! hope allis well and yes brett, a hurt will be put on all!

oh yeah and Jeff O'conner says hi

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...