Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Climbing hills again.

Today was A LOT tougher than I expected it to be. Figures. I slept well, and enough, ate better and was mentally prepared for what I wanted to do. Nothing good ever comes on days I feel good, lol :)) Felt just like going up a long hill on a bike; steady and deliberate but not as explosive as I wanted.

I did 240 darcs with the 32 kg on saturday so thought 320-340 with the 24kg should be a walk in the park. Forgot about those 400 one arms I did on Monday with Joe ( which means I went harder than normal). I tend discount the 16 kg as a "nothing" workout but it certainly showed me differently.The 24 didnt feel heavy but I didnt feel snappy either.

I also did sets of 30 which was 1o too many. today is speed day and all reps should be super crisp.especially after the 100's on Mondays.I wanted to do more than Sat but the last 10 reps,especially in the last five sets;were too slow. So 20 rep sets on wednesdays . 20 on the darcs and 10/10 on the swings. One arm swing sets done singularly are in sets of 15-20

DARCS
24 kg
10 sets of 30 reps
300 reps
15,900 lbs

This Weeks Numbers
Reps 944 up 22% from last week
Pounds 47,724 up 30% from last week.

Waiters Walks
16 kg x 100 feet /arm
200 foot laps
6 laps/ 1200 feet

Suitcase Farmers walk
1 16 kg 100 feet/ arm
400 foot laps
2 laps

2000 feet.
This is the best the waiters walk has felt! Not rep snatching but oding lots of overhead holds seems to be paying off. THis is a fantastic drill for perfect posture as you can't walk at all without it! the assymmetrical farmers walk is interesting as well.

Face Pulls
3x15
Stick press mobility
3 sets of 5 with triple shrugs

Big jumps in volume.No wonder I'm tired.Form feels good though and rythym was better. Have to remember to really let the non weighted arm swing back hard,sets me up much better.

BW 161.4
BF 9.1%
Water 60.8%

datsit,staying loose.

6 comments:

Royce said...

Rif in my very humble opinion light weight for massive reps rock.
I almost never exceded 110 lbs lifted at one time in the paint shop. Mostly 55 lbs ( see a pattern?) but I did it all damn day long. 10-12 hours a day 6 days a week. The only reason I knew I really knew I was getting stronger was that the lift gate on my truck was broken. and the whole crew was trying to figure out how to get a comercial spray rig on the truck. I walked in and round back lifted it and awkwardly got it on the truck.
we looked it up later. it weighed 400 and change.
I got that strength by constant, long term, repetative lifting.

Completely validates GTG huh. makes me want to do GTG for bench.

Marko Suomi said...

Hi!

Just wanted to ask, how long do your workouts usually last?

Mark Reifkind said...

marko,

the workouts last 45 -65 minutes depending on how long I rest.

royce,

I agree although I think it would be different for bench but maybe not. not exactly the full body movement in your manual labor but depends on how you bench, i guess.

Royce said...

I'll take your word on the bench.

Franz Snideman said...

great training as usual!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks franz, it's coming along.

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...