Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Speed Day.

Just like this picture. brings back lots of great memories.nobody knows swings like a gymnast.

Back on schedule finally, and for once I didnt feel dead right before the session. Slept well and body feels relatively stable.Still LOTS of stretching thumping and rifga to do but things aren't acute for a change. Course with me wait ten minutes and that can change.
Good to be back focusing on swings again. I like the snatch but know that I can't train it hard at all anymore and should be happen to do it a little. THe bent arms involved do not make my right shoulder happy, whereas the swings actually do. SO swings it is and lots of work to be done perfectly those, that's for sure. It's all easy til its heavy. Or you have to do 100 reps of anything.

Today being speed day I decided to only do 5 reps a side and then transfer, to keep acceleration as high as possible each rep.When you can switch hands before lactate sets in you are testing the overall system more than one particular set of muscles(specifically hand and forearm flexors). Transfering definitely affects a different musculature and lets the force stay high longer than staying on one arm.

One arm swings

16 kg 5/5/5/5x2

24 kg
5/5/5/5x 15 sets
300 reps
15,900 lbs
these went great,very snappy and with good rooting all the way through the rep.really feeling my way around the balance point too, playing with laying back at different times to find the optimal power spot. Maintained good speed for all three hundred although the last 50 was tough on my hands. a bit tender :))

Snatch holds
16kg 60 sec x 3 sets. Right shoulder felt really good. solid set.bicep is loosening up too.

Rack Walks
20 kg x 200feet per arm
200 feet per lap
6 laps/1200 feet/
I was tired and it was late.the extra weight does make a difference though. This will evolve to 24 kg rack walk day.

BW 162

BF 9.1%

Water 60.5%


got LOTS of tea today. made me realize that I havent been drinking near enough.datsit, gotta stretch.

3 comments:

Christine said...

I always wished I had the body to be a gymnast. All that flipping and jumping looked like a lot of fun. I'd kill for the kind of body control they have. But I might as well have magnets in my shoes :)

Mark Reifkind said...

anatomy is destiny and gymnastics proves that more than anything.you really gotta be small and light to do well.

D Silveri said...

Your using the 24's more lately... looking good!

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...