Sunday, May 27, 2007

Myo fascial release

Very interesting article/website on myo fascial pain, trigger point therapy and myo fascial pain management. Good stuff.

http://www.painsociety.com/articletemplate.cfm?id=21

and here's a good list of the muscles' tendencies to be too tight or too long.

Muscles Prone to Tightness
Gastrocnemius
Soleus
Tibialis Posterior
Short Hip Adductors
Hamstrings
Rectus Femoris
Iliopsoas
Tensor Fasciae Latae
Piriformins
Erector Spinae
Quadratus Lumborum
Pectoralis Major
Upper Trapezius
Levator Scapulae
Sternocleidomastoid
Scaleni
Flexors of Upper Limb
Masticatories

Muscles Prone to Weakness
Peronei
Tibialis Anterior
Vastus Medialis and Lateralis
Gluteus Maximus, Medius and Minimus
Rectus Abdominis
Serratus Anterior
Rhomboids
Middle and Lower Trapezius
Deep Neck Flexors
Digastricus
Extensors of Upper Limb

6 comments:

Authentic Strength Training said...

What about my tootightglutehammies? JK, love the post Rif. I'm having trouble maintaining discipline. A Marine, I call myself, and I cannot put the fork down. A disgrace I can only redeem with 100 snatches. Peace.

Mark Reifkind said...

piriformis my friend,lol.

you can always do the snatches right after pigging out so you can 'releive yourself' of the guilt and the extra calories in one technocolor yawn. a fitting punishment eh?

ooh rah! cut it out!

Christine said...

*pulling out her anatomy book*

Yeah, I'll get back to you in three weeks on this one. SHEESH!

Mark Reifkind said...

christine, that study will do you nothing but good,I promise. if you are mechanic gotta know the engine eh?

Franz Snideman said...

this is great Rif! I agree with the list and from personal experience, this stuff is true!

Mark Reifkind said...

franz, this is most accurate list I have found.

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...