Monday, May 07, 2007

Back in the saddle.Reps day.

Didnt miss this light, high rep day last week at all.Really glad Joe is there to count reps and make sure I do what I said I would :)) Today is the first real hot day we've had in awhile and while my joints and muscles love the dry heat ,90 degrees is always hot to me.

The knee is back in and what an amazing difference that makes. Working on the inner head of the gastroc seems to be a real hot trigger spot right now and releasing it puts the fibula head back in pretty quickly. Its the fibula sliding out that seems to cause all the instabilty.I've hated working in the calves as it is probably the most painful area to get trigger point work on in my entire body. BUt thats where the action is so there ya go.

Thought I would delay some of the 'fun' with combination swing sets of one arm swings, two hand swings, and darcs. I still hate two hand swings. Just doesnt fit me well.


Combination swing sets
16 kgs x one arm swing/two hand/darc
10/10/10/10 ( 40)
12/12/12/12/ (48)
14/14/14/14 (56)
16/16/16/16 ( 64) x 2 rounds

416 reps
14,976 lbs

will go back to doing either darcs or one arm swings next week. cant beleive I was doing 100 rep sets just a few weeks ago,lol. I hate reps.

Snatch holds
16 kg x 45 sec
60 sec
140 sec

these are getting good. am really setting into the shoulder well.

Rack walks
16kgx200 feet per arm
400 feet per lap
4 laps/1600 feet.

Man it feel like I havent done these in ages. good to get back on schedule.
Joe pulled very well today and really found the groove with totally raw 427 for 5 singles(no belt either) still thinking more about form and groove than anything. The kid is seriously strong.

15 comments:

Joe Sarti said...

I humbly accept your kind words and great coaching! Together we can accomplish anything!

Thanks Coach Rif

Mark Reifkind said...

well done Joe, this is fun.love to coach strong.

Franz Snideman said...

Yes, the dry heat is heavely! My body loves it as well!

Mark Reifkind said...

yeah franz, I feel better already, plus its great to walk around in just shorts, lol.

Aaron Friday said...

I have a blog now. Get a glimpse into my mind at:

http://aaron-friday.blogspot.com/

Mark, you inspired my to do this when others didn't. Every stupid thing I write is now on your conscience, unless you've learned the skill of deflecting karma back into the void.

Mark Reifkind said...

aaron,

one of the skills of the elightened is not to take responsiblity for the reactions of others to your actions. Therefore the karma Dog wheel is not invoked, you are on your own but I cant wait to see what little twisted things go on regularly in that mind of yours.
thanks, I think, for the compliment?LOL.

Aaron Friday said...

You obviously have the skill.

Now, let me get this straight. You coach a man named Joe Fitness? Sounds like he should be a coach himself.

Aaron Friday said...

Pleasure to meet you Mr. Fitness. You are indeed strong!

Mark Reifkind said...

aaron , joe is of course an rkc and excellent coach.

Aaron Friday said...

Makes sense now. Thanks.

Joe Sarti said...

thank you Aaron Friday! Pleasure to meet you as well

Joe Sarti said...

Oh yeah and thanks Coach Rif ;-)! Did not mean to forget your kind words. Reading Lauren Brooks blog about the importance of trainers being trained and our talk of heirarchy really makes me appreciate having a mentor and no less than one of the best in the world, bar none, hands down. And anyone who knows training knows that I speak the truth!

Mark Reifkind said...

Joe I've had many great coaches, mentors and teachers. No one gets there alone. goods to be working with you again; you're just getting started.

David said...

Mark,

You seem to be doing a lot of snatch holds. Are those similar to overhead holds/walks ?

Thanks in advance,

David
Antwerp-Belgium

Mark Reifkind said...

David,

yes, I snatch the weight overhead and settle in for the duration.I using it to increase my flexibility and stability in my still not quite there right shoulder.

I also do the waiters walks on wednesdays.Since I am not doing that much rep snatches or presses now I wanted something to increase my overhead strength as well

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...