Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Inspiration

This is the stuff that gets me in trouble. After seeing the crazy great short video made about the Danish RKC and seeing Kenneth Jay manhandle the press and then reading his article about pressing in the new Hardstyle mag I have been seriously inspired to train the press again.

I feel like I want to go do some pressing right now! Its tough purposely NOT training any of your strengths to keep things in balance. Especially seeing KJ press. Its one of my strongest moves. I have a feeling this is going to go back in the mix for awhile.Just have to work twice as hard to keep my shoulder stretched out and mobile. Its not like it doesnt get tight now and I have to work it to stay somewhat balanced( catch the rationalization? I did,lol) .

We shall see.

An OMEN!

BW 161.6
BF 9.5%

I figured out what I was doing wrong with my eating; I have let me start time of my break-fast start creeping in too early. I was waiting until 3 pm at the earliest and then it started moving back more and more until some days it was 12:30! It is 3:30 pm now. More discipline eh?

6 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Rif, sounds good. What have you pressed? the 40kg?

What is your goal, the BEAST?

Mark Reifkind said...

No Franz, I have pressed the two pood for multiple sets of 3 but never tried the Bulldog. At just 161 pounds I wouldnt want to even try the Beast.My very beat up shoulder would not like that.

I would be very very happy with being able to press the Bulldog regularly. That and 200 snatches are my Rite of Passage numbers.

That is the Dream goal.

Brett said...

Hi Rif,

I enjoy your blog. You and I seem to be alike in that we have a passion for training. I am currently in my triathlon stage, but enjoy pushing some iron as well.

Sounds like you are on the IF diet? How is that working for you? Do you feel better on it? Keep up the good work.

Mark Reifkind said...

hey brett,

thanks for stopping by, and yes passion for training and competing has been my life for 35 years.

If by IF you mean intermittent fasting then yes that is what I am doing although in RKC land we call it the Warrior Diet.It works very well for me and I've been doing it for the last two years.

Anonymous said...

Rif,
Have you seen Ori's new book?
"The Anti-Estrogenic Diet"

I would be interested in your view if you have.

Oh...and by the way,
congratulations on your Sr. RKC!

Ericc

Mark Reifkind said...

eric,

no Ihavent even heard of it.will have to check it out thanks. and thanks for the congrats. being sr rkc is such an honor.

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...