Monday, July 03, 2006

Lessons from my shoulder and Pullups PR.

It's very peculiar that I seem to get tweaked in an area that one or more of my clients are having problems with; almost as a way for me to figure out what to do with them. It's been this way for a long time and I have discovered many secrets but enough already! LOL!

Right levator,teres and scalenes got a bit tight during my 210 snatches Saturday and reared their ugly head Sunday. Havent had this shoulder issue in months and I'd fogotten what a pain in the ass it is. I can get rid of it but just another reminder from God and the Universe that I should not even think about testing myself with high rep snatches anymore. It just aint in the cards and I have to accept that.

Clean and Press
36x5/5
44x3/3
53x3/3

62x3/3x5 sets
53x5/5

30 presses with the 62 is a pr and they were easy, despite my tight right shoulder.

Superesetted with ballistic pullups
5,6,7,8,5,6,7,8,5,5,5,5,4,4= 80 Reps All Time PR!

The last four sets with supersetted with Rack Walks

44lbx100 feet darc swing to other arm 100 ft= one lap

four total laps

Did a lot of percussion massage, overhead stretching and ART between sets. Another thirty minutes of bodywork after.

One thing I should mention is that I do TONS of flexibility and mobility work all day long,especially on my off days. THis is out of necessity or I will lock up BUT it gets done. Mostly pikes, straddles, prone cobras and pumps on the floor and overhead decompression stretches from the chin bar as well as tons of thumber muscle de-inhibition work on the overly tight muscles.

bw 163
bf 10.8%

No wonder I'm strong I'm heavy and fat. I have to stay away from trying to become to good of a presser. THis will hurt me I'm sure. I beleive I can train to press the Bulldog safely but thats it. ANd I can't get too carried away with volume either.

datsit, stay loose.

3 comments:

Ken Black said...

Congrats on the PR's. Have a great fourth Mark and see ya this weekend.

Franz Snideman said...

Nice job on the pull ups Rif.

Do you find that your lats gets really tight from pull ups?

Are you finding that your lats are growing from the increase volume?

Should we call you Rif the Bat?

Happy 4th of July brother!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks ken, gettin close.

franz,
the lats are definitely growing, but I've always had good lats from gymnastics then bodybuilding, and yes they do get tight but I hang from the bar so much that they get loosened fairly quickly.maybe Rif the Bat is appropriate, then( all that hanging around.)
happy fourth all!

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...