Wednesday, July 26, 2006

High Pulls

was really out of it today and had a bad headache all morning. almost never get headaches so it was annoying.Knew I'd feel better if I trained and so it was.

High Pulls
36x5/5x2

53x8/8
x10/10
x12/12 =

60 rep rounds/ 4 rounds
/240 reps/12,720 foot pounds
/424 pounds /min - w/0=30 minutes

I was just off here but it was not hard. the heat is starting to get to me a bit.got a decent rythym in the last rounds. wind was good and recovery quick. less than a minute/sets.

waiters walks
36# 2 laps each arm. 4 rounds 12 total laps. 1200 feet.

MAN it is hot and doing these outside at 1 pm is fun!Much better though, I remember when one lap with the 26 would kill me.

2 DB kickbacks 15#
set one 70 reps
set two 30 reps

next week 80 and 20 then 100 continuous after that.

bw 163
bf 9/6%

datsit, staying loose.

5 comments:

Ken Black said...

Rif are the kickbacks new? What is the reasoning behind them? Just curious;)
Nice work on the walks!

Mark Reifkind said...

Ken, yeah they are new, about three weeks now. I needed some triceps work to balance out all the biceps stimilation I get on virtually ALL my kb work. when I was powerliftter I was all triceps and no biceps, now I need some balance.
the kcikbacks dont overwork my pecs or shoulders and no eccentric loads so I dont get sore.

Ken Black said...

Thanks Rif.

Franz Snideman said...

Rif, you are becomming Mr. High Pull. lol

In regard to the kickbacks, just as long as the DB's are not plastic and PINK :)

Mark Reifkind said...

dude, you dont have to worry about me. pink aint in the color pallete.kickbacks are purely a corrective exercise although haveing some meat back there again will be good.

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...