Monday, July 17, 2006

100 Pullups.

All time most pullups in one workout. Goal achieved. This is a very, very,very long way from where I was a year or so ago, not able to hang from a pullup bar without further damaging my severely impinged and unbalanced right shoulder. I did not have full overhead flexion( almost really have it even now) and my shoulders, biceps neck and upper back were never happy.

I was happy when I could hang from the bar with my full weight on my shoulders! and just being able to do scapula pullups( which I believe are the key to me regaining scapulo/thoracic function -along with the kb) So 100 reps is quite a milestone for me. PR's come in all shapes and sizes these days it seems.

Ballistic pullups S/S Clean and press
chin over bar on EVERY rep- no pause but no bounce at bottom.
ladders
5,6,7,8x 3 sets= 78 reps
5,5,5,7 one set=100!!!!

100x162 lbsbw = 1620 pounds

Clean and Press
36,44x5/5

53x5/5x5 sets
=50 repsx 53 lbs = 2650 pounds.

these werent hard but definitely not easy. especially behind all those chins. did the pullups then right into the clean and press. this is a good way for me to superset.

glad I got that off my back. now I dont have to do it again for awhile and I know what my training percentage zones are. 70 reps is 70% and that has meaning now. this was about maximal without any psyching.the last set of seven( which happened because I miscounted!) was very tough and I had to take the last rep over as it DIDNT make it over the bar. Couldnt cheat the last rep so I dropped down then remounted and made it ..

Rack Farmers walks( superetted the last pullups with these)
1 36# kb ,two laps (100 ft) per arm x 3 sets each.did a set of pullups between arms.these were strong.


bw 161.8
bf 10.4%

seems to be stuck up there.eating better too. huh......?

datsit, staying loose.

6 comments:

Tom Furman said...

Funny, I will be adding pullups to the ETK Ladders. I was doing Renegade Rows, but they are getting boring.

--Tom Furman

Mark Reifkind said...

pullups were( are ) critical to my shoulder health so they will always be in there now. I was doing weighted ones but bodyweight are more functional for me now.

my shoulders subluxe when I support myself on two kbs. no fun, I wish I could do that move.

Joe Sarti said...

Amazing rif, I am very proud of you and it just shows how due diligence and a passion for achieving can lead to amazing things. That is a great number...I will have to try that one myself, thanks for the extra motivation

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks joe, gotta keep you young guys on your toes in someway.

Tommy Shook said...

Smokin' Rif! Looks like you may have discovered the fountain of youth! keep up the great work, its really motivating to see you nailing down PR's and rehabing old injuries. Good on you bro!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Tom, like I said gotta keep you young guys on your toes.

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...