Saturday, September 03, 2005

Power Kettlebells

Basics today, a swing, a press a lunge. back to the 72 since last weeks foray into Bulldog territory. Decided I shouldnt use it too often as I am not strong enough yet to swing it FAST enough to produce enough power, which is my weak link. The 72 is probably the best weight for most workouts, and play with the rep schemes.

Fifteen rep sets today.

9:30 am solo feel very recovered from yesterdays w/o.legs feel surprisingly strong AND loose.

two hand swing/Bosu two foot stands eyes closed.
36x20x2 trying to really time the "tap"/static stomp and let it swing the rest of the time.
53x15x2

72x15x10 sets.

72#x 3 feet=216 ft/lbs of work per rep
216x150 reps =32,400 foot pounds of work
divided by 20 minutes =1620 watts per minute.

This was decent. really worked on when to snap the hips for the most effect and HOLD the contraction as I continue to root as the bell is at its height.Also tried to pull it throughon the down swing as best I could to increase kinetic energy. using the lighter weight meant it moved faster than the 88 would have. Producing more power in the end.
I dont bend much when I get my best position. almost like a stiff legged deadlifter.I have VERY long arms for my height.

the last five reps of the last five sets were tough. this is a weak energy system position for me. It will get better.


the two foot bosu stands were perfect for five sets, really focusing on dropping my heels and pulling up my kneecaps.the last five sets were step up stands and were easy.left leg is changing. I can now support my weight on my left side without the knee subluxating!!!! Huge gain for me.Thank the Bosu.

two kb mil press
(2)36x6
2/36x7
2/36x8 these were strong. thinking handstand pushup on rings.thats my visualization.

amazing that I worked out so hard yesterday and feel this good today. I never would have believed it last year.
(2)44x5x3 sets

these were not easy. very doable but harder than the 36's for sure. work up to sets of 8-10 strong before going to 53's.progress for sure here too.

Supersetted with Handstands

Man these sucked. Could NOT get my hips ( now pumped than you swings) over my shoulders!LOL! and the presses fatigued them as well. HUng from power rack in between sets as well.this helped.
6 sets of 5 kickups to handstand. none held til the last rep of the last set!

but the position is getting much more comfortable.

one kb lunges/low rack
36x5 e leg
53x10x5 sets ( perhaps six- I forgot which set if was so I did an extra to be sure ;]))

wow my legs feel strong and limber. unreal. surreal.

supersetted with one foot bosu stands. very comfy.

datsit. the weekend is official started!





No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...