Wednesday, September 21, 2005

If you keep testing your limits you will find them.

I was thinking of this today while contemplating my( now) very strangely shaped left bicep. Itis the nature of highly competitive athletes to push until they cannot push, rest a bit and then try to push some more. Even if this is NOT the best thing for us to do for long term health and well being.
You often do not know where the edge is until you've just stepped off it. Not a lot of fun but the nature of the beast, unless you lower it down a notch and train conservatively as I am forced to do now. And maybe forever. Old habits die hard but pain is the great humbler. I know very very very well just how much pain you can have when fall off the edge.
It does, however beat all to hell not being to train at all. I am quite aware of that , and thankful I can still train.

Windmills
26x6+6
36x6+6
x7+7
x8+8x2 if I cant train heavy I can at least do some reps. left arm feels good.

swing squats
( just the simple version, not the flip and catch one)
36x10
44x8x8 pretty quick rest/sets 1 minute or so.

bicep felt ok just nervous.

two hand swings
44x30 ouch that hurt way too much for so little work
44x35 a bit better but I've been neglecting the high rep stuff
44x40 a serious burner. not using my arms at all to help really stinks. I can see just how much help they have been giving me, dragging my little ass up.

Handstands
6 sets - had a hard time hitting on first attempt. mostly on seconds. not bad.

last three sets did 2-4 quarter pushups . brings back the old days. a real HS pushup, not those fake wall supported crap. I wll be able to do these again. Almost time to buy some rings!


Scapula pullups

6x5 expected these to hurt but no problem. these were supersetted with the handstands.

I so want to get back to being able to do all these basic primal movements again. I have a feeling I will, especially as I continue to get lighter:

BW 160.8 ( new low)
BF% 10.6 not bad.


datsit.

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...