Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Ok, so I'm not a math guy

I stand corrected. I think I will just calculate foot pounds of work as my metric. Just need to know a solid number to rate progress.

This is from my friend Tim Dymmel:

Rif,

Checking out your Blog and saw your numbers. Great workouts. I'm using ideas for my own. I'm also wanting to get a Bosu ball and the Bola when it's available. Wanted to correct you a little on your calculations.

Remember, to get Watts you have to use Newton * Meter divided by seconds. So take the Kg x 9.8 for gravity to give Newtons. Then the displacement is in meters. Divide that by time for a rep and you get Watts per rep. Multiply by reps and get total Watts.

So for your latest workout you'd have (24kg x 9.8 for gravity)/(7.67s/rep on average for 23 minutes) x 180 reps = 8,411Watts in 23 minutes

To use watts power into Horsepower looks like
Watts to
Horsepower
Watts x 0.00134
Hosepower to
Watts
Horsepower x 746

I'm still working on how to use the foot lbs. But for now, if you want watts, you have to use the metric stuff. And don't forget gravity with the kg's to get Newtons.

All the best,
Tim

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...