Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Platz Squats


Tom Platz was the Man to me when I was a bodybuilder. He personified so many of the attributes and qualities I wanted to have in myself. Total Focus on task. Total and complete discipline to the goal and to the methods and mindset necessary to get there. And not the least of it, a total and complete obsession with the barbell squat and leg training as well training to ultimate muscular failure.

He also was one of the first bodybuilders to blend a detailed scientific approach to training with an equally instinctive side as well. The Ying and Yang of Bodybuilding.

A bodybuilding primer in training sadomascochism.Felt like home to me. I was lucky enough to have Tom as an instructor when I got my ISSA certifications and it was one of the high points of my life. We hung out, smoked cigars and and we got to be friends.

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...