Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Simple things

As I've learned before there is nothing like an injury to immediately show you what is truly important in life. Hi performance immediately takes a back seat to the amazing complexity of everyday basic movements.

Fourteen hours after the tear I am hopeful that it is just a minor tear and I will be back to training quickly. No bruising or serious pain.Full ROM and only a minor deformation in the arm.
No more two pood overhead though.I might be finished with snatches altogether.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Rif,

Man I am really bummed to hear about your injury...so sorry. Keep truckin man. Keep us updated and make the most of the situation by figuring out how it happened and telling us how to avoid it!

Mark Reifkind said...

rekx,

thanks for the kind words, they are appreciated. I think now that I just tore the fascial sheath, not the tendon or muscle which would be a good thing. also, there is no pain which is odd but very good.

One thing I learned immediately is NOT to pull the snatch up but to drive it up with the hips. I was using my arm too much.

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...