Thursday, May 18, 2006

A final distillation

I think I have it distilled down to the right exercises for me now. The ones that give more than they take and that seem to strengthen me and allow me to challenge them a little without kicking my ass.

They are:

snatch
clean
press
pullup
farmers walk
waiters walk.

Dis is it. The workout split will look like this:

Workout A
snatch
cleans
farmers

Workout B
clean and press
pullups
waiters walk

They will be alternated every other workout on my three day schedule;which means each will get two workouts one week followed by one session the next. A built in wave cycle.

One snatch workout will work reps 10 and under and build volume, the other will work reps 10-20 and build endurance and form. The press can be regular kb military or bottoms up but done long cycle for strength. Same with pullups which will be tactical, ballistic or weighted.

farmers are done with two kbs heavy or one kb light. waiters will either snatch grip or palm.

I like this.As minimalist as it gets.Basically down to the 16 and the 24 kg except for the 32 for presses.

5 comments:

Joe Sarti said...

Simply put, very nice, simple and effective. I look forward to seeing you progress and feedback

Franz Snideman said...

I like it RIf. Clean and simple. Training does not have to be complicated.

In the process of determining what works for me right now. Snathes and pull ups for sure I want to work on.

Pete said...

Very nice, Rif. Like Bruce Lee said, "hack away the excess" keep what is effective.

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks guys. I think this will be the solid foundation. "hack away the excess", I love that.

Mark Reifkind said...

oh yeah, the real difference is in the numbers. 200 snatches is not 100.

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...