Saturday, July 23, 2005

The beauty of simplicty

I really want ot get back to basics with my kb training and go back to quantifying my workouts with variations in load and intensities instead of exercise variations. More like my powerlifting workouts. I 've found I much prefer this rythym to free form workouts and focusing on increasing workloads and weights to a conditioning focus.

I also love the simplicity this training allows. You always know where you are.

also, Bosu one foot stands for 30 seconds each between sets of swings and presses.

two hand swing
36x10x2
53x10 taking a whole 'nother mental approach to this exercise now. I've always hated it.
72x10 really focusing on finding the arc and the max power on the hip snap. comp acc.
88x10x10 this wasnt too bad although it took me a few sets to find the arc. not easy either.
will build this up by sets not reps. 12 x10 next week.

Russian military press
36x5+5
53x5+5x2
72x2x6 sets. keeping the reps down really allows me to concentrate on position. I have to really externally rotate my arm to keep the elbow from swinging out. almost like a curl press.
thes felt decent though.
53x5+5

KB lunges
53x8+8x4 sets fast paced too. these are great. arches a bit problematic so I stayed light.

Saturdays will almost be like my old powerlift days with a pull a press and a leg movement.

datsit.

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...