Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Foot Stands

After re experiencing my handstand two weeks ago for the first time in 20 plus years I realized just how important my hands, and esepcially my fingers, are , to the balance and stability of the free standing handstand.


Then, after some bosu ball work it dawned on me that what I was training on the bosu was a footstand, And the direct benefit I was feeling from the two and one leg stand training was the strengthening of my feet. First in line, eh?


The constant motion of the bosu keeps the feet and calf muscles activating like the handstand does the muscles of the hand and the foreram.ANd you can find that still point where bare activation is necessary to maintain a sweet balance.All day.

So, footstands it is.


two feet stands joint mobility
walking up and down the sides of the done.
walking into one foot holds
standing one foot holds with tap offs.( I havent trained this seriously enough lately.) now that the partners are back I dont spend as much time between sets standing. have to fix that.

30 sec holds 3 each side squats close skiers stance start on top of done 3 reps and walk down the done. TONS O QUAD and inner thigh on the front side of the dome .could easily hold kbs too. nice.

lunges with rear leg elevated. self spotted. more of a stretch than a lunge wow is this going to be challenging. basically a pistol. spend about 15 minutes. have to incorporate more bosu work into the kb workouts to get enough done. datsit._________________

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...