Monday, July 25, 2005

If it's Monday then it's Snatches.

wanted to do a bit more than the 134 reps I did last week. The 53 is feeling light again and thats a great thing. Been awhile. So much of strength is mental, how you think about a task and how you think about yourself. I had been thinking of myself as a strength-endurance trainer and was hoping to get as lean as possible and re-develop my "go all day" mentality.

Then I started feeling weaker for the first time since I started this journey in January of this year.SO I upped my proteins and my calories a little and started thinking about BEING strong, not just enduring. Almost overnight my lifts went up and the weights started feeling lighter in my hands,always a sure sign your strength is up.

I have to remember that endurance, like speed, is created in the crucible of strength. Just keep my bodyweight where it should be and get about getting stronger. Just have to modulate intensities and volume so I dont get ahead of myself and get hurt.

am training
bought a new bosu ball for Girya so I stood on the ball , off and on for six hours.great grease the groove.

Snatch
36x8+8x2
44x5+5

53x6+6
x8+8
x10+10 no problems groove feels solid.wind is easy.
x12+12
x14+14 not bad at all but tore a mid hand callous. havent had one of these in awhile.not too deep.
x6+6
x8+8
x10+10
x5+5

total volume= 158 reps. a bit high but not bad. have to write these out in advance it seems.

one kb hi pull
72x5+5
x6+6
x8+8

these were solid. hip snap is best ever!I actually feel like I have some hip drive.

BU cleans
was going to do regular cleans but tear said no.
44x5+5
53x5+5
72x4+4
72x5+5 yes! these are getting consistent. I can see the bulldog bottoms up now.

datsit.

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...