Thursday, July 14, 2005

Bosu Practice.

I am really starting to love training on the bosu, not just like it. I cant beleive the effect it seems to be having on my bad knee and foot. One of my problems is getting full knee extension in my disaster of a left knee and being able to "sink" into the bosu seems to making a big difference.

Last time I used the bosu I put too much air into it( like I would a stability ball I want to stand on), Mike C told me to let half the air out and it makes a big difference. Mushy is better.

done in no particular order this afternoon:

two foot stand eyes opened and closed

assisted one foot stands:
these are great, just the smallest amount of help I need to obtain a perfect one foot stand posture and then try to back it off. Like tapping off the wall with your feet when you are trying to master a free standing handstand.

walking in place on bosu

walking up and down the side of the bosu

Now THIS was way cool. I hadnt thought to walk on it before but the total lack of impact makes it much easier to do. kind of like step ups on a trampoline.

two feet eyes closed JM head rotations side to side and front to back. this is getting much stronger.

MAN when you start turning your head when your eyes are closed your legs activate like CRAZY to stabilize. Amazing. This has so much potential to develop very usefull and transferable strength and stability.

have to remember to do some weighted stands next.


about 15 minutes of fun.

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...