Saturday, March 15, 2008

Swing day.


I've been having so much fun with this new hand position in the snatch that I really wanted to snatch again today but I know I have to keep my swing work up:it's the base of everything.
Back to the 24 kg today but I wanted to up the reps per set, this keeps the force output a little lower and thats what I need as I ramp back up after last weeks 32 kg PR.

warmup: 10 minutes Z drills

One Arm swings
16kgx10/10x2
20kgx5/5 + 5 transfers

24 kg x10/10+10 transfers
13 sets
400 reps
12,200 lbs
Did an extra ten reps on the last set of transfers to make an even 400 reps.

These felt great and the 24 kg continues to feel light. It's been a long time since that weight has felt 'light'. Very good. Wind was also very good for all the 30 rep sets and the last set of 40 was easy too.All the speed work is paying off :))
Snatch
16kg x 2 min /arm x 2 sets
Just wanted to play around with hand position and my overhead postition.Slow pace but I didnt count.

Clubbell Mills
10 lbs x15/15
15 lbs x55/55 PR!!!

wow, this was great and came out of nowhere. I am back to doing these regularly and have been using the tens so I thought I would do something with the 15s. Once I got started I realized I could break the PR so I just went for it. About 25 reps/minute pace and total time was 4:20 something.
The last 15 were really HARD though, lol, and my grip was getting its ass kicked. Very tough to finish and I probably didnt have 2 more reps in me.

Gama Casts( like a two handed, standing pullover)
15lbs x10/10
25lbs x 8/8
x10/10
x12/12

these felt great! Pumped my arms and shoulders really well with lots of tricep work too. excellent! This group of exercises on saturday is working very well. perfect compliments to each other without tapping into the fatigue from the previous movement.

Datsit.

3 comments:

Tim Dymmel said...

Rif,

Is that you with that cheesey headband on. I think you should do the whole next cert with that on. It's a Russian headband that gives extra power, right?

Dymmel

Mark Reifkind said...

Tim,

no I wish, because that's a two pood in his hand overhead.

Franz Snideman said...

New hand position! Cool!

Looks like more of a GS grip. Very effective for higher reps and longer time intervals!

Keep us posted on how it goes!

On another note....I thought of you last friday as Yoana and I went to watch her niece take a gymnastics class in LA. WOW! I have never seen such athletic kids. Makes me want to start taking some gymnastic classed!

The overall ATHLETICISM that young kids possess is freaky! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...