Saturday, March 01, 2008

510 one arm swings.

I be 51 years old today so I knew I had to do some multiple of that number in swings to commemorate it. Even though I have missed my swing workout the last two saturdays I knew I had to sack up a bit and put up some reps. Especially since the Swing Queen did a full grand of swings just the other day. I thought half the reps but on one arm might suffice. It did; it was tough.

One arm swings
16kgx5/5x2
20 kgx5/5

Ladders
24 kg x
10/10
11/11
12/12
13/13
14/14
15/15=150 reps

Three rounds of this then:
24kgx10/10/10/10
x10/10
510 reps
27,030 lbs

The first two rounds were great, actually easy with the swing groove strong and fast. The third round got tough,especially after the first two sets and the last ones were working me to keep form and bell speed.I alternated with Rex and Nikko( he was squatting though so we lapped him most sets). Took about 60 minutes

Two handed CB Mills
15lb club x
10/10
12/12
15/15

suprised at how beat I was and how much this worked my already tired hands.never felt that before.teach me to skip two workouts ;))

datsit, now off to enjoy my birthday weekend.

17 comments:

Steve Reishus said...

Happy Birthday Mark! Thanks for everything you've done for me and everyone else. You're a valuable asset to the industry. Keep up the good work!

Steve Reishus

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks man, just a few more years and I'll be middle aged!

fawn said...

OMG! Happy birthday Rif! Hope you are enjoying your day!

Aaron Friday said...

Ditto what Steve wrote. You are the man.

Hell of a workout, too. Awesome volume!

Franz Snideman said...

Feliz Cumpleanos Mark!

Yoana, Marianna and I wish you a blessed year!!!!

Taikei Matsushita said...

A proud and young 51er!!
Never use the word "old".

Franklin said...

Happy B-day! That's a real "swing'n" way to celebrate as well. May you have another 51 ..

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks all,its been a great year and I know the next will be even better.

Joe Sarti said...

Happy Birthday Rif. 510 swings is a f*cking awesome to start your celebration. You make 51 sound like 31!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks joe, it wasnt too bad til the end.could definitely feel that I had missed my swing workouts though.see you tomorrow at 1:15.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Rif! Lots of love & congratulations from the KBLA crew, and especially from me, Courtney & Cub!

Jordan Vezina said...

Happy birthday Rif. Aside from the post I cleverly deduced it was your birthday when I needed a backhoe to clear the birthday cards off the desk at Girya to make some workspace. :)

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Mark, say hi to courtney and the cub for me!

Mark Reifkind said...

jordan,
thanks man, for sure reason my pc can't read the cd you gave me, will try it at work on my laptop

Howie B said...

Happy Birthday Rif!! You are da man! Thanks for inspiring us. And thanks for continuing to raise the bar. Just think each and every year now, we'll have to swing more and more. I guess that's the way it should be. Hope you've had a great birthday weekened!

Jordan Vezina said...

It's a .mp4 file, so if you don't have quicktime installed that could be it. It comes standard on most systems now, but if your system at home is older is might not have it.

Mark Reifkind said...

jordan

thats strange, as I do have quick time and the 'puter is two years old and is pretty updated.I'll try again.

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...