Sunday, March 30, 2008

My wife kicks ass.

When Tracy gets something in her head she tends not to let go of it and after seeing Fawn snatch the 24 kg yesterday that's all she's been talking about.I thought she meant some time in the distant future as I knew she could snatch it, but she's barely three months out of surgery, she hasnt snatched the 20 since before the surgery and just the other day she was saying the 16 kg felt heavy.
She meant today.

SO, after a five minute, continuous set of 100 snatches with the 12 kg, then a 50 rep set of snatches with the 16 kg, then 20 rep set with the 20 kg, she goes and nails three reps each with the 24 kg! No problem.Unfreaking real. I know exactly how heavy that can be for me! I would have to snatch the Beast to do the equivilant. Here's the video. I had to force her to NOT do another set with the 24kg just not to tempt fate.So instead she did another set of 50 with the 16 kg before another set with the 20kg and then finished off with a million or so light snatches with the 16kg.
Just freaking crazy.

Tracy snatching the 24 kg for triples.


Down set with the 20 kg


I am humbled.

8 comments:

Aaron Friday said...

Sorry dude, I want to see more of Tracy snatching that 24kg. Intensity rocks.

Mark Reifkind said...

I'm sure there will be many more 24 kg snatches in the works.

Franz Snideman said...

Wow, very cool! That is no Joke! Your wife does kick ass!

D Silveri said...

Impressive.... is the beast challenge going to be smashed by a lady soon?

Tracy Reifkind said...

I think a lady did smash the beast challenge @ the SJ Cert. But my money's on Fawn Friday!

Geoff Neupert said...

"I am humbled."

You should be, especially after her "warm-up." Come to think of it, I'm humbled too. I couldn't do the equivalent workload and then snatch the Beast for reps. Ever.

I agree: Tracy kicks a$$--Mine.

Mark Reifkind said...

Dustin,

yes a woman did tame the beast at the san jose cert.

Mark Reifkind said...

geoff,

no kidding.I am still in shock, actually,

and Dustin, the beast challenge for women is with the 24 kg.

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...