Monday, July 31, 2023

217.5 x 1 x 5( pr) ,205 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts, pushdown

 Pretty  decent session. PR's are always good. Never handled this weight  for so many  reps before but most were not pretty. Strong but slightly forward.

Techniques seemed good but too much knee flex and bar goes up and not back enough. Hips too late. Think I was starting from hands too much and not enough hips

Stayed on X well tho and 'got under it' too.

Took seven attempts to make 5

one of the better ones. missed the second one outright in front next is set 3



then 3 down sets with 205. same problem here, out in front. this is the last one and the best
I let myself go back to setting up with the hip front ( probably too much) and this creates the knee flex and my COM goes vertical instead of horizontal.

This is me trying to initiate from the hips. With my hips too far forward it always goes into an up and down movemnt
But damn I am strong and there was plenty of 'grind time' as Glenn said lol

Next try is a more vertical unracking and then starting with the hips. last time I tried this I led with the hands and result was the same, slow hips

laterals
rear delts
pushdowns heavy 3 x 10
BW 174.4
BF 14.1

noon
175.2
10.2
60.4

No comments:

Sunday ruck

 Despite feeling a bit hungover this was very strong and decently fast. Best in weeks! 45 lb  9 laps 1:30 ( must have taken more rest breaks...