Saturday, November 25, 2006

Hi pull/snatch combo training

In keeping with my vow to Nick not to do conventional repetition snatch training for a month I start on the first combo workout.Decided to wave the 20kg with the 24 kg each set as my shoulder is back in fairly well and I want to see how this goes.

warmup
12 kg
two handed swings
transfers
hi pulls
two handed swing overhead

did this series three times for 5-8 reps/arm

Hi pull into snatch
16 kg x8/8x2 ( 4 pulls and 4 snatches per side)

worksets
20kgx8/8
24kgx8/8

alternate weights for 8 sets each

44#x16x8= 128 reps/5632
53x16x8= 128 reps/ 6784

total reps= 256! (128 snatches)
total pounds=12,416

this went very, very well. The hi pull totally set up the snatch in the correct position and I used my hips much better throughout. Next step after this is one high pull and two snatches in a row.baby steps,lol.

Halos
26x8/8
36x8/8x2
26x8/8

One foot calf raise
26x8
36x8x2

Reverse grip overhead stretches and Bosu stands



the reverse grip is almost ready!I should be able to hang with the chin up grip very soon and then chins are not far behind at all. This was the message I was getting from my shoulder this week- TURN YOUR GRIP AROUND AND STRETCH THE TERES FROM THE OTHER WAY!

The shoulder sat right in the socket after I did this. Amazing.

I am a slow learner but I eventually get it.


datsit, stay loose.

7 comments:

AL said...

Not related to this post at all, just wanted to say I really enjoy your blog. What a great resource!

Yogalete Al

Tracy Reifkind said...

Hi Al,

thanks a lot for writing.glad you enjoying my training journey.

Mark Reifkind said...

sorry al its me.tracy didnt sigh out.

Geoff Neupert said...

Maybe I missed it, but what is your long term training goal with these snatches? 50/50 with the 24kg? ROP SSST of 200 w/ the 24kg?

Mark Reifkind said...

geoff I really dont have a real goal with them other than to keep increasing my work capacity and form. I would love to be able to do the 200 ROP in ten minutes but have made a vow not to compete or really test myself anymore. thats when I always get hurt. SO it's long term progressive maintenance for me, I guess.

Pete said...

Hey Rif, hope you had a great thanksgiving bro. been away from the posting, but i am still moving my body :) I will post again soon, but my frequency will drop for now. alot coming down the pike at work. but, i always sneak a peak at the calif. connection.

Tracy Reifkind said...

good to hear from you pete. life definitely has a way of interfering with one's training.say hi when you can

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...