Sunday, June 03, 2007

Rifga


Did not get stretched out yesterday and can really feel it today. I videoed Tracy's ssst yesterday and missed my normal stretch out then just skipped it yesterday afternoon. SOOOOO it had to get done yesterday as all the same characters started to lock up this AM.


1) close stance dl stretch to floor

2)upward dog

3) horse stance with dorsiflexion

4)downward dog,alternating feet

5) frog squat stretch

6) tuck and roll on back

7)straddle stretch

8) pike stretch

9) single leg "L" sit and hammie stretch

10) cross over IT band stretch

11) cross leg glute stretch

12) cross leg glute/ham stretch

13) stick press

14) stick squat pattern, OL style,close stance

15) stick behind neck stretch.


5 comments:

Christine said...

We need to make you some "Rifga" tshirts on cafepress.com :)

Mark Reifkind said...

lol, not too sure about that christine but thanks for the thought.

Authentic Strength Training said...

Congrats to Tracy! That is some sick number. I googled Janda, and length/tension relationships, as you mentioned. Thank you. Is there any specific textbook or study you'll be referencing? Also, make sure you cite your knowledge. Wouldn't want guys on the Haternet to call you a plagarist.

Looking forward to working with you again.

Mark Reifkind said...

will, I got my info from Paul Cheks Scientific Back training course, and he got his from Janda, primarily. Kendall and kendall( muscles testing and function an early phsiotherapist text) also have great info on this phenomenon.

I will be presenting what I have found works well for me and my clients. not trying to come across as a medico or a physical therapist, just using the basic principles that I have found to work.

Brett Jones said...

Yeah - I slacked off this weekend and was a lazy ass and felt the difference today. Live and learn.

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...