Saturday, June 09, 2007

day two done.

It's amazing to me each time I come to a cert to see the incredible transformation that each student undergoes, from the first day and all the incredible amount of work that somehow doesnt kill them but sees each and every one getting stronger and better as the day wears on. Despite incredible physical fatigue, torn to shreds hands and and an unbelievable amount of data that has to be grokked they keep going and going and going.

Seeing people who had horrible form the first day get so much better after a few thousand swings, cleans, snatches, presses and squats is always an amazing sight.Pavel says its from greasing the groove neurologically all weekend and he must be right because at the end of the second day Team Rif was hitting weights and reps with better form than the first day when they were all fresh and un tore up.
I got to get a little training in myself while teaching the snatch segment and it always amazes me too that I need no warmup to press snatch and swing weights that always need quite a bit of preparation for at home.Adrenaline is such a great hormone....
Doug Nepodal, who came out to support one of his clients taking the cert, actually told me( unsolicited) that he thought my gait was much better than when he saw me in April.So nice to hear something positive about my funky knee and walk.It blows me away that it isnt killing me at the end of two twelve hour days of being on my feet.
I've stayed barefoot all day and that has helped as well as the adjustments I've made to stance and weight distribtion.So weird to feel like I can actually walk without pain. way cool.
making myself stand at work for the last month has also helped alot. I stood alot before but the last month has been virtually on my feet the whole time.that has helped find a much more stable and pain reduced stance. Cool.
One more tough day of evals and then I'm home.Also cool.

4 comments:

Taikei Matsushita said...

You know Rif, I do not care if I miss a plane back home. I'm having a time of my life time.

Mark Reifkind said...

you are doing great takei! you are on the home stretch.

Royce said...

"So weird to feel like I can actually walk without pain. way cool."

Way cool man, glad your having fun!

Royce said...

P.S. I reread your articles on the evolution of WSB. I got about 10 times more out of them this time!!

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...