Saturday, June 16, 2007

Back to Basics.

I got the snatching out of my system and went back to my basic swing routine.The swing groove is much better for me and works my weak points( glutes/hips) much better and really saves the shoulder.Snatch holds will have to suffice for snatch fun.

One arm swings
36x10/10x3

53x10/10x10 sets
200 reps
10,600 pounds

this took awhile to re find the groove after all the snatching I have been doing.Had to re link the shoulder in and really force the elbow straight.Sucker wants to bend badly.

Two hand swing
53x15x5 sets
75 reps
3975 pounds

This went well; it's a shorter stroke and I can keep my head up, long spine and use my quad as well. This worked me well,especially after the one arms. No problems from Wednesdays foray into two hand land. Great new! I will love to add this to the toolbox, it's a very satisfying movement for me.

total reps= 275
total tonnage= 14,575

Snatch Holds
36x45
53x 40 sec
x 45 sec
x50 sec

havent done these with the 24 in awhile and it felt heavy at first! last set was much better.

Halos
26x10/10x3 sets

stick presses, stick squat stretches and some rifga afterwards. Felt like I didnt do anything; this is good.

datsit, staying loose.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Rif, after the RKC cert, doing swings hard style is no joke. The aggressive hike pass is smoking me. Feels good... I like doing swings now.

Mark Reifkind said...

Tim,
this is true.using every part of the swing to maximize speed power and force loads the body like nothing else.without breaking it down, big point there.

D Silveri said...

Yes agreed Swings open up a whole new world!

they are good times and RKC style are as hard as snatches are.

Mark Reifkind said...

I still have a hard time understanding why more people don't understand the power of hard swing training!so easy to measure work done, so easy on yhe body and yet so powerful and scalable.

Royce said...

Rif PLUS the swing makes a person so much stronger in everything except the press. The swing is just amazing
Perfect tempo between speed and srength.
KB swing, KB clean and press. the two most important non-sport activities around. IMHO

ETK is genius

Taikei Matsushita said...

Came close to throwing up doing 32kg Swing RKC way. 24kg was brutal as it is.
Not the same move anymore.
I felt the energy compressed in area under armpit and above hip flexor.

Mark Reifkind said...

"not the same move anymore"

this is true.

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...