Saturday, January 27, 2007

Saturday Snatches

If it's Saturday it must be snatches.
THe right biceps tendon was a bit tight and shoulder was too after sleeping on it weird. The elbow sleeve gave me a bit of support as well as reminder to NOT pull with the arm. I did 15 sets of 5/5 last week so I bumped it up to 15 sets of 6/6 for 180 reps today. Saturdays are always tough to get going and fully warmed up but it gets there. Thank god it wasnt freezing today like it has been.Always nervous now snatching the 24 but it just makes me focus more. Was playing with my new form and it feels solid. As long as you initiate forwards and not hips back the swing and the momentum is good. Next week 7/7 for 210+ reps.We'll see how I feel.

Snatches
36x5/5x3
44x5/5x3

53x6/6x15 sets 180 reps
9540 pounds not bad.

Cardio was fine and I lapped my training parters many times. If the shoulder felt more solid I could push this more but I won't. Interesting how these shorter sets are still producing the ability to go longer when I need to.It must be the total volume

Halos
26x8/8x2
36x6/6x2


Not bad at all. Monday is two hand swings again.

datsit,staying loose.

1 comment:

Pete said...

Nice and strong!

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...