Sunday, January 21, 2007

25 minutes.


Another good walk, although I was much tighter today than last week; I'm sure from the heavier snatches I did yesterday. Probably a good idea to do Rifga first and then walk.Hammies and calves were tight from the start although everything was good until the last block or so when things just got very tight. SO:


Rifga stretches; 15 min.

lots of attention to hammies and calves.


timed the walk so I started just as the sun started to rise. love being outside in the very early morning when things are so quiet,still and clean.

Still need to stretch more a bit later.

6 comments:

Chris said...

Nice photo.

The hills here in Scotland were great this morning too with a bit of snow.

Royce said...

Very cool dude.
Dusk and Dawn two of my favorite times.

Mark Reifkind said...

chris, that picture is called Dogens Pool ater the Zen Master Dogen.so you are in scotland? way cool!do you kettlebell?

Mark Reifkind said...

royce yes mine too. very powertime times of day. I used to do all my running at those times.either early or late or both when I was running twice a day.

Franz Snideman said...

Beautiful. Early morning is my favorite time of day. It is the most special time of day for me.

Chris said...

I'm in Edinburgh, Scotland. There are some nice little hills - the Pentlands- just outside the city that I often go up early on a Sunday morning. Yesterday was beautiful. A little snow on the ground, which was pink with the rising sun. I do more hillwalking in the summer further north too.

I use a kettlestack rather than a kettlebell but do other things too - sprints, deadlifts, thrusters, chins etc. Kettlebells are not that easy to get hold of in the Uk and the kettlestack is pretty versatile.

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...