Monday, April 17, 2006

I've been bad.

I've been feeling so good lately in terms of knee, back and shoulder pain I havent been stretching as much and I can feel it rearing its ugly head. AS it always does. The only thing harder than knowing how to fix your body is having the discipline to do it - not only when you are hurting, but especially when you are not!

Its been so cool to not have to do an hour or more of bodywork on myself everyday just to be able to walk or lift my arm overhead. BUT back to the floor for me, hammies are tightening and the knee aint sittin right.

Jerks
36x5/5x2
44x5/5
x6/6
x7/7x 2 ladders =72 reps
53x5/5x5 sets= 50 reps 122 total


really concentrated on keeping the lat TIGHT on the drop. Didnt feel good at all today and was just counting numbers to get done. really focused on pushing BACK on the jerk so it didnt lead out front and strain my teres. Was looking up too much on the jerk as well.Everything was tight,including lower back. Hate training after work.One day I will be able to train myself first thing in the am. thats the best.oh, and rise with the sun. This getting up in the middle of the night is getting real old.

cleans
53x5/5
x6/6
x7/7
x8/8
x9/9= 70 reps. punked out on the last set of ten.

waiters walk
36lbs x two 100 foot laps each arm seven times.

man this was HARD after all that jerk work. took forever for my shoulder to drop down. at least the sun is out again and its NOT raining. woo hoo!

dats it

weight 162.4
bodyfat 10.6%

6 comments:

Royce said...

I hate getting up before first light, it's not natural.
Take care of yourself, sorry to hear that everything is getting tight. Good luck man.

Mark Reifkind said...

I've been doing it forever it seems it is getting old.it wouldnt be so bad if I could train then but getting up so early to go to work sucks!

Royce said...

Used to get up at 3am to get to work by 4:30 am (landscaping labor), I feel ya' bro'.
Plus you have to deal with people, some cool I am sure, some not I am sure.

Franz Snideman said...

Sorry to hear that Rif. Yep, training has an accumulative effect on the body, whether good or bad.

You'll get it sorted out. I find when my body is hurting that if I cut way back on the volume that helps me alot. Work is still work, regardless of your present orthopedic health. Sometimes just doing shorter higher quality workouts are the way to go.

Franz Snideman said...

one more thing,

when you snatch and clean how is your GRIP in the bottom position? Are you squeezing the KB really hard or is the KB more or less in your fingers. I find that when I snatch for example, if I let the KB hang in the fingers at the bottom, much more effecient and it feels better on my body.

Thoughts?

Mark Reifkind said...

yeah I just have to follow my own advice and GET ON THE GROUND AND STRETCH!!! No excuses but laziness.

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...