Monday, April 24, 2006

Back from the RKC.

Back from the RKC

As I wrote below it will take quite a while to really grok what happened this weekend. There were so many amazing experiences and I met so many great people that it is a bit overwhelming. One of the best parts was meeing so many people that read this blog and my articles and told me how much they liked it. It always good for a writer to know that they are being read and appreciated. I think writers need that way more than financial compensation.
In fact the cop who was working security told me he had read my rotator cuff article and how much it helped him! way freaking cool.

For me, as a born teacher, knowing I am helping people with their training always makes me feel good.

ANd, my major mission of the weekend( besides making sure my wife Tracy passed her snatch test) was presenting my lecture on "What is the RKC System";something Pavel had asked me to do just three short weeks ago!!~!~~~

Sure, just encapsulate and define Pavels entire system in 30 minutes or less. NO problem,lol!! Actually it was a great thing as it forced me to really think about the RKC, what it is and what it could be. THis was very fruitful and the presentation went over very very well, as per the feedback I got from folks. Mission accomplished! I really felt like I was going into a competition this weekend having to do that. Big pressure as everyone I cared about in my training and coaching world was there.

I also got to be Pavels assistant as opposed to an assistant instructor working under a Sr RKC in a group and that is quite the honor to me. Plenty of great face time with the man himself and its always a humbling, educational and way cool time. Pavel is a great powerlifting aficianado and we talked tons of training. My favorite topic.The man is real deal and lives and breathes this shit just like I do. Hard to find that in many.

Also had a great time talking and learning about Chi Gong from John Ducane and have to get some dvd's. One of the best parts of the RKC from last year was his chi gong morning reharge.I've been playing with that shaking and vibration stuff all year since then and its a great addition to the joint mobility work.

Victoria, my client also kicked ass and passed her RKC with flying colors so I have another instructor now as well! Well done.

6 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Congratulations on presenting over the weekend about the RKC, what is means, what it is and what is stands for. Wish I could have heard it.

Glad to hear you wife and your client did well.

Awesome job Rif!

Royce said...

For what it is worth I find your blog and articles inspiring, I find the example you set for procrastinators ( well recovering anyway ) like myself an AMAZING thing. If you train 4-5 days a week with your old injuries there is no reason I cannot accomplish EVERY goal I set for myself.
PS as of today I have lost 21 lbs.
79 more to go, goal is by may 6th 2007 my b-day.

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks guys. franz they taped the presentation so who knows?

royce
thats great to hear and just the desire effect I am going for!

Geoff Neupert said...

Rif,

Cogratulations on being able to present "What is the RKC system?"

Can you publish your notes so the rest of us can benefit from it?

Congrats to you and Tracy and your client.

Franz Snideman said...

I second that. can you publish the main concepts and ideas? I heard Steve Maxwell talk about it last year, very inspirational. can't wait to read about it, or better yet, see the video.

thanks in advanced!

Mark Reifkind said...

guys I will put the notes up soon.

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...