Monday, December 19, 2005

Double Kettlebell Session

I have never liked double kettlebell work because it works my weak point, your hips, so much. It also replicated my old squat stance a alot and felt it wasnt necessary . I am revisiting that now as I look to put on abit of mass with kb training.

trainer with Joe today and man what I wouldnt give to have this guys physical attributes!more muscle than he deserves and great flexibility to boot. He has to push himself more and i will see to that!

warmup

one hand swing 3 sets 10 ea with the 26

two hand swing
26/10
36/10
44/10
53x10

Circuit( with apologies to Steve Maxwell)
2 36 kb swings 10 reps
2 kb clean and press 5-8 reps
2 kb front squat pushpress 5-8 reps
2 kb cleans 5 reps

3 circuits with the 36's .
2 circuit with the 44's

man these are hard!!!! I am so stiff it takes a lot of concentration to do these and not have my back or shouldes adjust. but i took the three sets to fully warmup. found myself using GS style rack holds to rest between reps and get tight again. this full body stuff will take a while to get used to. felt better at the end than the beginning and thats good.

Farmers walk

5 sets of 2 laps with the 53's/ still love these :))

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...