Monday, November 28, 2005

A new Snatch technique

I love the snatch but it scares me lately. After two bicep injuries snatching the two pood I am still gun shy even with the 1.5. With the palms down grip I tend to feel it in biceps insertion when I pull too hard or get hip/leg fatigue. One of my clients has developed a technique of snatching using a thumbs up grip. She swings with this grip and it looks great on her. I had never tried it til today.

I have done LOTS of thumbs up swings when I do the bottoms up clean and it feels very natural and strong. So today thumbs up swings and snatches.

Snatch
36x8/8x2 swing it hammer grip and then just internally rotate it in at the top. decent is just the reverse into the hammer swing noticed my elbows were straighter immediately.
44x5/5
x6/6
x7/7
x8/8 wow. very very natural and can really use my hip with my hand in this position.
x10/10 no problem
x5/5

82 total reps.

this is a very good weight for me considering the 53 is now my 100%. its a good form and speed day workout. we'll see if this technique holds up on Sat with the 53. the real test.

one arm swing ( hammer grip)
53x10/10x2 strong. can really lay the arm across the abs/inner thigh and hip snap it off.
72x8/8 decent!

KB cleans
53x8/8
53x10/10
72x5/5 decent. being a little heavier is helping . about 164 now.solid.

all sets done with ol shoes.

kb lunges
36x8/8
53x8/8x2 strong but I can tell I havent done these in awhile. very necessary.

tactical pullups/bodyweight
3,4,5,3 all reps chin over bar and held. pause at bottom too. cant beleive I can do these again.

handstands: 12- 15 secondsx 4 sets/ solid.

splits work 10 minutes

bola snaps 100 reps

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...