Saturday, November 12, 2005

Training partner intervention.

Had a great dl workout today and told my training partners I had squatted on wednesday. They went a little nuts, having been through most of my most recent injurys, and my solemn vows never to squat heavy again. I knew it wasnt a viable option but it felt great for a couple days. Its just playing with fire and I have a history of being pretty flammable.

I will just have to create something else. But thats how it goes with me; first I imagine it, then I try it on for size( live in it) and then decide if I want to really create it. But I have to try it on first. If I cant imagine it I cant create it and that goes with bodies as well as weights.

The kettlebells have produced a really functional legs for me and with a little tweaking of volume and loads I can set it up to get some leg mass from them, with the heavy muscle tension, and resulting body torques, that I get with heavy barbell squatting. Plus it gives me the work capacity and conditioning that I need. If I manipulate my calories and protein levels correctly I should be able to get some good leg growth from my kb work and avoid crippling a knee or a back.

Two days kb legs and two days db and kbs upper body bodybuilding. Lets see how this feels. Oh and I will still keep the dl in. Need to maintain a high degree of back strength.

No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...