Thursday, November 03, 2005

No Slack.

Man, I am old. Just a tiny little bench press and curl workout and I can feel the stiffness and restriction in my right shoulder, which hasnt been bothering me at all for months, settling back in. No thanks.

I am in the training doldrums and its not pretty to see, or be in but the only really important thing is that I keep training, no matter what. Keep training and figure it out as you go. I will be training 90% solo now and I have no excuses for not doing exactly what my body needs to balance itself and keep getting better.

I was also thinking about putting on some more mass but I really like being lighter again. It is so much less stress on my knee and back as well. very noticably. also, not loading heavy is a key thing too. Another great thing about the kb is that it doesnt increase in weight forever, like a barbell. big difference in structure stress with the kb instead of the bar.

I would like to go backwards into power training, something I know so well, but my body doesnt seem to let me. I have to find a balance and a challenge I can live with.

I also HAVE to stay flexible, as much as possible, and keep working on my splits and full pike position. these are key to releasing the knee and the back.Handstands and overhead hangs do the same for my shoulders and NOT benching or building pec mass. oh well. I think dl will be ok as long as I dont get crazy heavy.

Training now is just as much about my preventative and restorative exercises as it is the kb or barbell work.And I have to give those extra sessions their just due and count them as part of my training. Because without them I dont go very far.

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...