Monday, March 29, 2021

New Technique Breakthrough: 205,215,220,225, 205 x 1 x 5, floor pushups, laterals

 This went freaking great; especially for the first time using this technique. I made some mistakes with 225 which kept me from making it on the first two attempts BUT the fact that I made it on the third ( even though  didn't hold lockout) after all that heavy work tells me I'm right on target

AND, it's  come full circle; back to the EASIEST possible way to do this, with the bare minimum of cues

Unrack the bar INTO the precisely correct press position,pause for a sec, then drive. The only thing I can't believe is that it took me SO long to come to this most logical of conclusions; and position

This is really using the power rack exactly why I moved into it: so I don't have to walk out and re adjust to find the perfect start position: just unrack the bar into that position. Makes so much sense, and it's much easier to get and stay tight

warmups went great. best ever up to and including 205

Press
65 85 105 x 3
135 x 2
155 x 1
175 x 1
195 x 1
205 x 1

215 x 1 buttah

220 x 1  probably best ever. Only mistake was not waiting long enough before the press. It let me rock back too much and cost me some hip drive
Missed first 225 by deciding to tighten glutes on the unrack which put me on my heels and shifted me back. No need to see it
Second miss at 225 I didn't keep hips forward enough

225 x 1 ( no hold at lockout but I was in the right positions and timing was there. This after two hard grinds to misses. Locking in after unrack and before press is CRUCIAL. Come to complete stop

The KEY CUES:
1) unrack with LEGS
2) PAUSE
3) Initiate with hip drive
205 x 1 x 5 singles! this is last rep
Couldn't be freakin happier and this was just the first time I even tried this! Bodes VERY well for the future.Can't wait to press on Wednesday!

Floor Pushups
3 sets of 50
strong and all on triceps

one arm laterals
3 x 8/8 with 20s
Bent Laterals
3 x 10 with 20s

BW 176.8
BF 14.0

12 noon
BW 178
BF 11.2
W 59.5
( bath)

1 comment:

Joe Sarti said...

I like the idea of fewest cues possible. Aka simplify the process!

Sunday ruck

 Despite feeling a bit hungover this was very strong and decently fast. Best in weeks! 45 lb  9 laps 1:30 ( must have taken more rest breaks...