Monday, March 08, 2021

Two Plates Press, 215, 220 and 225 lb press!, floor pushups, laterals

 

Well this went WAY better than I thought it would when I started! You just never ever know when it's going to be a good day

I felt fine today, rib was much better as was knee. Body weight was good, 177 ( pretty much ideal) and plenty of mental prep time.

But I was flat. Actually, not that into it. I just didn't have much confidence I would make it and to be honest; I was getting very very tired of missing this. Then when I missed 205 in the warmups( pushed it forward) I really didn't think it was in the cards. 

I took 205 over and made it decently

then moved to 215 where it moved ok but not fast or easy. again not giving me much confidence as I called for 220 instead of two plates because I really didn't think I would make it

220 went really well though, one of my best attempts with it

So I put on two plates pretty nonchalantly and just shut my mind down and went for it. I was actually surprised at the sticking point when I realized I could actually get it! Not perfect lockout but a better hold than last time and without a doubt my best rep with 225 or two plates.

This is the first time I made it. That was with the bar at mid chest
then I followed it with  4 singles with 205 which motored!

I think the first 205 miss was because I had my  elbows TOO far up , and when combined with pushing back to my face over activated triceps. either way it went forward

Having the rack position RIGHT under the collarbone is 100% the right place. Elbows under the bar but not too much in front of it ( just don't let them drop- either ) and get that second hip drive going as soon as the bar even thinks of the sticking point!

Then finish with pressing and continued hip drive

Floor pushups
50
45
40

no rib problem at all but really controlled depth.  felt good to do again

One arm laterals
3 x 10/10 with 15s
bent laterals
3 x 10 with 15s

BW 177.2
BF 13.5


No comments:

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...