Thursday, March 04, 2021

down week

 


After spending 3.5 hours going nowhere on the freeway on tuesday with my right leg on the brake and the gas alternately the whole time my right knee said hello to me yesterday in the swings and then decided to start yelling a lot after my ruck

which by the way started with my left calf tightening up because it's been perfect for the last month on thursdays

fuck

at least my ribs feel somewhat better although not right for sure.

Guess I had a good run, but really two injuries from dumpster diving and driving? Man that does mean I'm old.

It's official

45 lb ruck

6 laps

48 min

3 miles

lots of stops to let left calf and shin loosen up. wore the topo's during the work day again but it wasn't enough I guess. Last two laps felt good, normal.

spend time on popliteus before ruck but on the right calf should have done both

both popliteus and vmo on right leg are the culprits

lots of ice, voltaren gel, rolling and thumping

BW 176.6

BF 13.9

No comments:

195 x 1 x 8, 225 x miss x 2, 205 x 1, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 45, 40

 This went great and I damn near made 225 on a second attempt at the end. This is going to work Wasted a few warmup sets with false grip til...