Monday, March 01, 2021

205, 215, 225 miss, triceps extensions, laterals

 Not the 64th birthday present I wanted but the one I got. On the plus side, the 205 and 215 were probably the best I've ever done. Nice straight line and fast all the way to the lockout. Then 225 knocked me back twice and I kind got it right on the third attempt but didn't the bar high enough to grind to the finish.

Felt very confident on each attempt and did not get in my own way mentally. Plus, the bar did not feel heavy on unracking. so strange.

205 warmup

Straight to 215 easy
the first miss
the second
then the third grinder

decided to try to get ANY pr out of this today so dropped down to 135 lbs and got a PR 16 reps( old pr 15) but I was BEAT. Especially in my quads! Really hard to stay standing lol. Didn't expect that! But a pr is a pr~




ring triceps extensions
3 x 12
( didn't want to chance pushups yet, want to make sure I can swing heavy on Sat)

one arm laterals
3 x 8/8 with 20 lbs

bent laterals
3 x 10 with 20

just over  a week after the rib accident and it's probably 85 % healed. Not bad for an old man

BW 176
BF 14.3

No comments:

Thursday Ruck

 Decent one.  Legs feeling heavy and tired but lungs and head good 45 lbs 6 laps 3 miles 60 min 175.2