Sunday, March 28, 2021

Fast and easy ruck

 


Really didn't expect it but the  ruck today was seriously strong and fast. Steady state all the way through, kinda out of nowhere, especially considering yesterday was not a strong swing day.

But I will take it!

Went through the first six laps in 52 min and the second six in 48! crazy. No squat stretches but a few stops to check my times and to just shake out the legs

Had some good technique revelations too in my shoulder rotation: instead of focusing on counter shoulder BACK I focused on front shoulder forward and it really connected to my lower body and the opposite glute. Made the gait so much smoother. Most excellent

Lungs took a few laps to open then stayed open the entire time

Nothing felt hard at all til about ten and a half laps then it started slowing down a bit

Last lap was 7:40 seconds and that was a push. Thought I could bring it in under 7:30 but no joy

Except: ALL Joy lol

45 lb Ruck

12 laps

13, 143 steps

speed 3.2- 4.8 mph!

Stride length 27.6- 39.4!

total time door to door :1:50 min

BW 177.2
BF 14.9

No comments:

195 x 1 x 8, 225 x miss x 2, 205 x 1, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 45, 40

 This went great and I damn near made 225 on a second attempt at the end. This is going to work Wasted a few warmup sets with false grip til...