Wednesday, March 03, 2021

175 ,185, 195 lb press x 2 x 3, 205 x 1, 24 kg swings, v pushups

 Rib felt much much better today. Barely felt anything at all all morning but I did start to feel some tightness warming up with even the bar. Nothing sharp at all but more than earlier. Did not get worse than goodness

The thing that bugged me most about missing two plates on Monday was not knowing why. Dumping the bar like that was so odd considering how great warmups felt.

But as soon as I unracked the empty bar today I realized exactly why I missed backwards: I had placed the bar TOO HIGH on my collarbone. Even above the collarbone! As soon as I pushed the bar back towards my face, which is correct to do, it had no support under it and just crashed.

Also, with the bar that high on my neck I lost back stiffness as I loaded the bow. I put the bar right under the clavicle and it felt great again plus I could get under the bar at the sticking point

Man, as soon as I feel I have ALL the details figured out I find another one!

Press

65 85 105  x 3

135 x 2
155 x 2
175 x 2 x 3

these felt perfect
then 185

So much easier to feel the load of the bow in my hips

Fatigue setting in now but great position and leverage

finally 205 x 1

Cues:
WIDE
ELBOWS
HIPS LOAD/PAUSE
FACE/HIPS

24 kg swings
5 set of 8/8

these also felt 95% normal and did NOT feel the left ribs on the right hand swing and still nothing on the left

V parallettes pushups
bw x 10
53 x 10 x 2 set
No problems first pushups since the tweak

BW 176.4
BF 13.5

No comments:

195 x 1 x 8, 225 x miss x 2, 205 x 1, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 45, 40

 This went great and I damn near made 225 on a second attempt at the end. This is going to work Wasted a few warmup sets with false grip til...