Monday, March 15, 2021

205-220 press, 225 attempts, floor pushups, one arm laterals

 Really solid day today although I was a mess leading up to it. Just anxious for no good reason and had to really pull my head out of my ass pronto

I knew if I just started training I would feel much better and I was right. Action of any kind is always an antidote to anxiety

Had the plan to go 215, 220 then 225 and if I hit it, do another rep. Didn't quite work out that way but learned a valuable technique lesson about the setup

Started off rough as I felt

65 85 105 easy

135 x 2 easy

155 x 1

175 x 1

195 x 1 easy but lost my back position a bit much like I have on the last  225's and it begged the questio- why?

I thought it was falling back into confusing pushing the hips forward with letting the back bend too  much at the start and at the sticking point I have no hip support. Just the lumbars and that's not enough

So I focused on pushing the hips forward and locking the lumbars and it worked great

205 - hips went down as much as forward. hence the need for a second drive

not bad but not great then 215 more solid
220 REALLY good. hips have to load forward but NOT down ( telltale is knees will give a bit.Forward not down
then just 5's instead of two plates for 225. missed this but I was in the right place. Just not quite fast enough
225 second attempt. much better but just couldn't maintain leg/hip tightness long enough


I know I lose something by taking such small jumps, but I also gain a better position I feel. Eventually the strength endurance to get all these will come on. It's more important to have the right technique/position down cold
205 x 4 singles ( video is of third, fourth set was much faster)
All in all very pleased. Cues were "hips forward" then "get under it!"

By loading the bow but NOT letting the  spine arch more than it is on the setup I "lock" the back, which is the bench and can load the hips

I know it's right when on unracking the weight feels LIGHT because it's on my hips. If I arch BACK too much it feels heavy  as it's on my lumbars and not my hips

THIS IS A KEY POINT

Floor pushups
3 sets of 50

fast and solid all

One arm laterals
3 x 8/8 with 20s
bent laterals
3 x 10 with 20

BW 177.4
BF 14.6

No comments:

195 x 1 x 8, 225 x miss x 2, 205 x 1, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 45, 40

 This went great and I damn near made 225 on a second attempt at the end. This is going to work Wasted a few warmup sets with false grip til...