Thursday, August 19, 2010

Swing time.

I thought the jet lag was covered given my first few days back in the states, but I didn't count on the adrenaline wearing off so quickly. Hey, I didn't even know I was ON adrenaline but I was. Love that hormone but it takes it's toll and I've been pretty sore from not doing very much.

So I wasn't sure what I was going to do today or what my Saturday workout will be, so many possibilities and new things to play with. But in the end it's my body that tells me what I should or shouldn't or can or can't do. I just have to listen.

And today it told me not to go overhead again and just do some swings. One arms and see how that felt.

I think I am done with Vo2 max for awhile on Saturdays and am thinking of instead going back to my high volume swing or snatch workouts with heavier weights and a much slower pace.When I did 600 reps with the 24 kg and 400 with the 32 kg in the one arm swing it was on a Saturday long ass workout day with Nick and Rex each going in turn.

Back then I did max on Wednesdays with Tracy or by myself but it wasn't my only high volume day. I think I need to have that heavier High volume base to make the vo2 max work. It's not going there by itself considering how long it's been since I did 80 sets of 8!

Endurance is born, at least for me, in the belly of strength and I think I need to get back to some heavier snatches and swings one arm and two arm. So that's what saturdays might look like. Heavier snatches working up and cycling from 100-200+ reps in total.

Hell considering where I am now that could take a while to work up to, but no matter.

Tuesdays will be grinds with kb deads, military press, handstands and kb box squats perhaps. but presses and deads for sure.

Thursdays will be swings, one arms, two hand, two kbs. done with more rest than work and looking to increase my base. some clubell work here too if I can handle it.

Today:

one arm swings
16 x5/5/5/5 x2
20 kg x5/5/5/5
24 kg x 5/5/5/5
x8/8
x10/10
x10/10
x8/8/x3

124 measly reps and 6572 lb but nothing hurt(s) and thats good.I know, I know, I know I was going to swear off volume but I think what I need to swear off is speed.I've lost my groove and I know where I'm going back to find it: slow strength.

clubbell rockits
2/10 lbs x 20 x3

clubbell swipes
2/10 lb x15 x 3

these felt good to do again and my hips felt square and the back solid. Left wanting to do much more.

it's possible I will alternate sat and thursday workouts,i.e one sat snatches and the next swings. do the other workout on thursdays.

today started rough but finished strong. I'll take it.

datsit.

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...