Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Training on empty.

High quality problem. More clients than normal are forcing me to train later and later and the adjustment has not been fun. It has been productive, strangely, but not fun; but what really is when it comes to consistent progressive training?

I'm also back to Warrior dieting as that seemed to really help my first transition to training at the end of my work day as opposed to the beginning; which I had done for years. First things first eh?
And then what's first changes.

The more efficient I get burning fat for fuel, instead of relying on blood sugar,the stronger I am later in the day as I don't get that 'crash' that I do when I am eating small frequent meals and have to deal with the vagaries of insulin.But the transition to different fuels is, again, no fun. I have to toughen up again it seems, lol.

But it's been nice as my knee, back and shoulders have been cooperating more now than they have in eons.Having to do less correctives and moving better, and, most importantly, recovering better from my work, training and travel than I have in years. Very nice.

And good timing too, as all these things ramp up for next year.

Trained alone with no music today and it was the right thing to do. I didn't need the energy of the music pushing me, I needed the still of the silence to really tune into my body and make sure I was doing exactly what I needed to today; and could do safely and not tweak anything.

It went well and I felt strong and focused.It wasn't that big a workout but it will certainly do.

6 am: 30 minutes stretching

1 pm: clean and press

16 kg x5/5 x2
20 kg x5/5
24 kg x4/4

28 kg x2/2 x 5 sets
24 kg x5/5 x 3 sets

Last set of the day with the 24kg.

Nice! Everything felt super strong and solid.
I do love it when the 28 feels like the 24 used to.

Thanks to Robert Rimoczi for the rockin'
RKC Germany shirts.Two of my Team in Hungary were from Germany and had these very cool training shirts which Tracy and I both had to have. Robert was very gracious to gift them to us. Way cool. I will wear it often.

Two hand swings

24 kg x 10 x 5 sets

I know I am getting greedy with these two hand swings but I've got a lot of lost time to make up for and it seems that my body is accepting this movement now and I couldn't be happier about it.l It is, as I have always felt, the Power Squat of kb movements; or a dynamic power good morning, a short powerful seriously stable way to produce power and force.

It's nice to feel that my back and hips are square and plumb enough( finally) to tolerate this movement. it's a good sign.

Datsit. Tomorrow: one arm swings for volume.



2 comments:

Boris T said...

I am a morning person, I dislike evenings. I've never found the transition easy, at least you're seeing some progress in it.

Good luck with the busy schedule.

Mark Reifkind said...

Boris

I can get used to either( used to work swing shift just fine at the gym) but trying to straddle both is no good.

but, as with anything, it's really about what you make up your mind you can or can't do.

what you are motivated to do.
or not.

thanks for commenting

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...