Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Coming back slow.

I was told today it takes a day for every hour difference in time zone you travel to recover. I am feeling it.Still have two days to go but slept the best I have since I came back last night but my body is very confused.

I also underestimated my little jaunt into snatch vo2 land on Saturday. I was as sore as I've been in eons on Sunday and Monday and my elbows didn't want to straighten out either! My arms were seriously sore.Glutes hams erectors were all talking to me. and my adductors as well from the wider stance work for doubles. Crazy.

I stretched out for the full hour this am while Tracy taught her class and needed every second of it. I had a cancellation at 8:30 and thought I would save time by training early. Probably not the best idea in retrospect but no major worries.

KB sumo deadlifts

24kgx10
28 kgx10
32 kgx10
36 kgx10
40 kg x10
48 kg x10


my right adductor was a little tweaky this am so I ditched the idea of standing on two 25 lb plates while I did this exercise and glad I did.These worked well but I could feel the soreness making things just that much tighter than I like.

One arm swings
16 kg x5/5
20 kg x5/5
24 kg x5/5
28 kgx5/5
32 kg x5/5

This was weird. Wanted to get back into some more swings instead of just snatching all the time and thought I would practice form. Everything went well til I got to the 32 kg set and as I set up I felt my glutes and inner thighs say "hi" real fast. Step back. Wait.

Given all my sacral issues this last year I'm not a fan of cramping glutes, glute medius or adductors.It usually doesnt mean good things but stubborn as I am, I stretched out, did some 16 and 20 kg tester sets and finished with my paltry 5/5 with the 32. It seemed fine but not happy mentally.

I want to dive back in but my body is telling me to slow down and I will listen but I'm not happy. I hate getting overuled by my body.

Clean and press
16 kg x5/5
20 kg x5/5
24 kg x5/5 x 3 sets

this gave me pause on the cleans but they went alright and the presses were easy.

Clubbell Torch Press

10 lb x5/5
15 lbx5/5
20 lbx 5/5

wanted to press some more but also wanted to do a different hip hinge position in case things were going south. These were interesting and much stronger than the last time I did them.

Pushups

10,8,8,8,8 10 seconds rest/sets

these felt good. lots of tension on both sides.

Stretching 15 minutes


some days you just make it through

datsit.




No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...