Saturday, August 14, 2010

Snatch Vo2 back in the water

and what I thought was the shallow end. It was deep enough though, it turned out.

I haven't done max vo2 training in 2 weeks and volume of swings has been low as well as I focused on being as rested and loose as I went into my the three certs. After all,that is what my training is for; to prepare me for what challenges I have to do in real life.
Not just to get me good at training, although that's fun too.

High intensity cardio for long periods has never been my "strength" and it falls off quickly and comes back slowly.
I knew today was going to hurt so I decided to just do the first volume workout back 'freestyle', not on the clock.

I hate that freakin' gym boss,lol.

It didn't help that much. I had thought 50 sets of 7 would be a good starting point with this protocol ,planning on giving myself 20-25 seconds of breathing for every 15 seconds of snatching. I thought I would start slowly and, as I warmed up, I would drop into 15:15 mode.

Just a bit ambitious and I underestimated just how sore I was going to be from the two workouts I did back to back on Wednesday and Thursday, as well as how differently all those new movements would effect me.
Not injured at all but sore. Very sore in lots of new places,lol.
Add in still not quite on California time and I wasn't expecting any PR's today and I didn't get them. Just a lesson in humility,lol, and how delicate is a good groove. It must be maintained and two weeks off didn't help.

No worries though as one thing Snatch Vo2 training does is get up up to cardio speed in record time. Always does and not just with me,my clients all make big jumps from this type of supramax heartrate training.

Nothing like spending 30-40 minutes with your heartrate hovering at or above 100% to get that thing strong.

Warmup

30 minutes stretching

Snatch Vo2

16 kg
freestyle
7 reps per set
46 sets
322 reps
11,592 lbs

The above isn't quite accurate as I quit at set 40. It wasn't my cardio it was my speed and my form starting to fall off so I decided the better part of valor,etc, and all that.
But, after resting two minutes I decided to just wade through so more sets.So I did 4 more. than rested a bit and 2 more and then really stopped. More than enough for today and it took about 35 minutes.

KB training in general and max vo2 snatching, in particular ain't for the weak of heart or mind, that's for sure.

Halos
12 kg x8/8
x10/10 x 3 sets

TKE's
red and black mini band
1x20
2x10 each leg

more stretching for 10 minutes then outie. Three good workouts this week after all that travel is great for me and I'm happy with it.

Datsit.

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...